Brig Gen (Dr) Ernest Crosby Saka (Jnr) was born on the 18 February 1960 at Abetifi-Kwahu. He was awarded the Academic cane on Commissioning into the Ghana Armed Forces Medical Corp with the rank of a Lieutenant on the 14 August 1987 as a Medical Officer. He was promoted to the rank of a Captain with retrospective effect from 14 August 1987 in November 1989.
Brig Gen (Dr) Saka Jnr, upon Commission into the Ghana Armed Forces Medical Corps has held the following appointments: Station Medical Officer of 4 Battalion of Infantry in Kumasi Ghana, Battalion Medical Officer-in-charge of Ghana Battalion 30 in South Lebanon, Station Medical Officer-in-charge of 1 Battalion of Infantry at Michel Camp in Tema Ghana, Senior Medical Officer-in-charge of ECOMOG Ghana Battalion 3 in Monrovia Liberia, Specialist Obstetrician Gynaecologist at 37 Military Hospital in Accra Ghana, Head/Officer-in-charge (OIC) Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at 37 Military Hospital in Accra Ghana, Force Medical Supply Officer (FMSO) /Deputy Force Medical Officer (DFMO) of UNAMSIL in Sierra Leone, Consultant/ Officer-in-charge(OIC) of Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at 37 Military Hospital in Accra Ghana, Director Medical at General Headquarters (Medical Services) in Burma Camp, Deputy Director General of Ghana Armed Forces Medical Services in Burma Camp. By dint of hard work Brig Gen (Dr) Saka Jnr was elevated to the position of Commander 37 Military Hospital on the 2 March 2016. A position he still occupies.
Brig Gen (Dr) Saka Jnr holds the following qualifications; Certificate in Health Administration and Management (HAM) from the Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA), Fellow West African College of Surgeons FWACS(OBS/GYN) from the West African Postgraduate Medical College at Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital Kumasi, Masters in Public Health and Tropical Medicine (MPH/TM), Diploma in Clinical Tropical Medicine and Traveler’s Health (DCTM/TH) both from the School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine at Tulane University in New Orleans USA, Diploma in Military Studies from the Ghana Military Academy in Accra, Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery and Bachelor of Science (B.SC) Human Biology all from the School of Medical Sciences of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, in Kumasi Ghana.
He has the following papers to his credit:
- Birthweights of babies born at the Bawku Presbyterian Hospital, Ghana – a project work submitted to the Department of Community Health, School of Medical Sciences, KNUST in Kumasi.
- Cervical Cancer Screening for Ghana: A Pilot Program – a project work submitted to the School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine Management Program, Tulane University, New Orleans USA.
- Maternal Mortality at the Mampong Maternity Hospital, a District Hospital in the Ashante Region of Ghana – a project work submitted to the West African College of Surgeons in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the Fellowship of the West African College of Surgeons (FWACS).
- Prevalence of Chlamydia infection in Infertility patients in Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital, Kumasi – a project work submitted to the West African College of Surgeons in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the Fellowship of the West African College of Surgeons (FWACS).
- Labour Ward Handbook for 37 Military Hospital
Brig Gen (Dr) Saka Jnr received the following awards in the course of his services in Ghana and outside the country; UN Peacekeeping Medal (UNIFIL Ghanbatt 30), ECOMOG Peacekeeping Medal (ECOMOG Ghanbatt 3), Military Hospital Special Certificate of merit for outstanding and invaluable contribution to the Ghana Armed Forces Medical Services, UN Peacekeeping Medal with UNAMSIL in 2004.
Brig Gen (Dr) Saka Jnr is married with kids.